|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2019|
Shift Plant Operator - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a global engineering company who are involved in a brand new Energy from Waste Power Station in the West Midlands.
We are looking for 5 Shift Plant Operators to join the Operations department working at a brand-new Energy from Waste Power Station to manage the day to day activities of the shift team and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Testing plant equipment including carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments. You will also be responsible for shift handover to ensure the communication before the following shift is efficient.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all defects are being reported with CMMS effectively and followed through quickly.
- Making sure all activities carried out are in line with all health and safety regulations
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you will ideally have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at LET level
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including; Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to be involved in commissioning a brand new Energy from Waste Power Station
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and speak with Arjun Patel you can tell you more about this opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.