Shift Plant Operator - New Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - New Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£32500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2017 17:42|
Shift Plant Operator - New Build Energy from Waste
~£32,000 + Benefits
Our client are in the process of constructing a 10MW Gasification Biomass Plant in the Leicestershire area and require a Shift Plant Operator to join the plant's Operations Team.
Acting under the supervision of the Shift Team Leader you will be ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plants activities which include the Gasification plant, High-Pressure Boiler, Economizer, Flue Gas Treatment, Turbine and Generator set along with all auxiliary equipment.
This role will include first line diagnosis and is based on a 12-hour shift pattern over a 42-hour week.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
- Operation of the Gasification plant through the SCADA system
- Operation of plant and equipment as required by the operational demands of the W2E
- Carrying out routine plant inspections and adjusting as required and logging on a data system
- Monitoring of stocks and take receipt of consumables/collection of residues
- Assisting other Company staff and contractors as and when required
- To be aware of and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems
- Undertake personal development to enhance knowledge and skillset relevant to the Shift Plant Operator role
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Broad experience gained through shift working in a continuous process industry, preferably in a Waste to Energy environment or Engineering
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
- C&G/BTEC/HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Recognisable first aid/Health & Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements
- Experience of work with a Permit to Work System
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working on mobile and fixed plant
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Salary circa £32,000 + Benefits
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste Plant
- Commissioning opportunity
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 208 and ask to speak to Lewis Walsh who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
C&I Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
£49000 - £50000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension
Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
OT + benefits
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Plant
£3000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste