Shift Plant Operator - New Biomass CHP Plant
|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - New Biomass CHP Plant|
|Salary:||£36380.00 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2017 10:31|
Shift Plant Operator - New Biomass CHP
£36,380 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join the Operations Department of a new 7MW Biomass CHP plant in Nottingham. The Shift Plant Operator will act under the direction of the O&M Team Leader and ensure the safe and efficient operation of a high-pressure boiler, generator and auxiliary plant. You will form part of a shift pattern that covers days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
As a Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The safe operation and monitoring of plant via the DCS from the control room. This includes boilers, turbines, pumps, water treatment plant, cranes and mobile plant
- Working with the O&M Team Leader to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emission levels etc.
- Equipment isolations and issuing permits to work
- Perform routine plant inspections and walk rounds as required collecting and recording data
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Monitoring stock levels.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To be considered for this Shift Plant Operator position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline
- At least 4 years' experience in an operations role on a power station or heavy process industry with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or petrochemical.
- Some basic maintenance experience/skills would be beneficial
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A flexible approach to working/shift patterns
Package & Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £36,380
- Company Pension
- Chance to develop a career at a brand new Biomass CHP plant
If you are interested in applying for this position or finding out more information, please contact Olivia Naylor via the details below.
Office: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Plant
£3000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
E&I Technician - New Build Biomass Power Plant
Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
Up to £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
Shift Operator - Biomass
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Pension and Overtime
C&I Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
Shift Operations Technician - New Power Station
£37500 - £42000 per annum + bonus, pension