Shift Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Newhaven, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£42000 - £43000 per annum + 8% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2018 12:32|
Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
£43,000 + 8% bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join the Operations Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the area of East Sussex. The Shift Plant Operator will act under the direction of the Shift Team Leader and ensure the safe and efficient operation of a high pressure boiler, generator and auxiliary plant. You will form part of a shift pattern that covers days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Shift Team Leader with the safe operation and monitoring of plant via the DCS from the control room. This includes boilers, turbines, pumps, water treatment plant, cranes and mobile plant
- Working with the STL to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance to the STL
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emission levels etc.
- Perform routine plant inspections and walk rounds as required collecting and recording data
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Monitoring stock levels
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Shift Plant Operator position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline
- At least 4 years' experience in an operations/engineering role on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- Engineering graduates with 2+ years of industry experience in power generation/EFW are also encouraged to apply
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A flexible approach to working/shift patterns
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £43,000
- A bonus opportunity
- Company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
DCS Engineer - Energy from Waste
Car + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus
Technical Administrator - Energy from Waste
£20000 - £25000.00 per annum + Benefits
General Manager - Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus