Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum + 10% bonus + pension|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2018 14:24|
Shift Plant Operator - New Energy from Waste Power Station
~£40,000 + Benefits (Bonus, Overtime etc)
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Plant Operator to join a newly constructed Energy from Waste Power Station in the Midlands. The plant consists of a Mechanical Biological Treatment Plant, Material Recovery Facility and an Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant to process up to 190,000 tonnes of waste per year, producing enough power to supply 14,000 homes.
The Shift Plant Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Power Station end of the plant which comprises of the fuel feed, gasifier, water treatment system, boiler, steam turbine and auxiliary plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of the plant, ensuring all activities are carried out in line with HSE requirements
- Utilising the Distributed Control System to operate a gasifier, steam turbine, boiler, generator and auxiliary plant etc.
- Monitoring temperatures, flows, emissions and trends
- Working with the Shift Team Leader to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance to the STL
- Supervising contractors when carrying out activities on site
- Performing routine plant inspections and walk rounds
- Commissioning activities
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An engineering qualification such as a HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Previous experience in operations / production role in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, biomass, coal, CCGT or CHP etc.
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- A good understanding of health, safety and environmental aspects. An IOSH is preferable but not essential
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning experience is desirable but not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive salary inclusive of shift allowance
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 023 939 10039 and ask to speak to Jane Walsh who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Safety Systems Engineer - EFW Power Station
£54000 - £55900 per annum + benefits
EC&I Technician - Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £36720.00 per annum + pension, OT
EC&I Engineer - Biomass Power Station
Instrument Technician - Biomass Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Bonus + overtime + pension