|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station|
|Salary:||£42000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018|
Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
Circa £45,000 + bonus + benefits
South East London
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join the operations department of an Energy from Waste power station in South East London. The Shift Operator will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant including diagnosing and rectifying of faults as well as ensuring the plant is operating in accordance with the environmental permit.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Shift Plant Operator will be responsible for:
- Carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments. You will also be responsible for shift handover to ensure the communication before the following shift is efficient.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all defects are being reported to the site maintenance team efficiently
- Making sure all activities carried out are in line with all health and safety regulations, whilst ensuring compliance with the IPPC authorisation at all times.
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at LET level or above
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including; Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £45,000 (inclusive of a shift allowance)
- A performance related bonus
- Company pension
- The opportunity to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.