|Job Title:||Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2019|
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Station
Up to £34,000 + Benefits
Our client has recently finished Construction of a 20MW Gasification Biomass Plant in the Cheshire area and require a Shift Plant Operator to join the plant's expanding Operations Team.
Acting under the supervision of the Shift Team Leader you will be ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plants activities which include the Gasification plant, High-Pressure Boiler, Economizer, Flue Gas Treatment, Turbine and Generator set along with all auxiliary equipment. This role will include first line diagnosis and is based on a 12-hour shift pattern over a 42-hour week.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for the following (not all duties listed):
- Assisting with compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
- Operation of the Gasification plant through the SCADA system
- Operation of plant and equipment as required by the operational demands of the W2E
- Carrying out routine plant inspections and adjusting as required and logging on a data system
- Monitoring of stocks and take receipt of consumables/collection of residues
- Assisting other Company staff and contractors as and when required
- To be aware of and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems
- Undertake personal development to enhance knowledge and skillset relevant to the Shift Plant Operator role
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge / qualifications:
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
- C&G/BTEC/HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Recognisable first aid/Health & Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements
- Experience of work with a Permit to Work System
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working on mobile and fixed plant
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Salary up to £34,000 DOE plus company benefits
- New build Power Generation site
- Shift Work
If you are interested in this role, please contact Dan Grosvenor at Astute Technical Recruitment on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.