Shift Operators - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Operators - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Barry, Vale of Glamorgan|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2017 17:52|
Shift Operator x5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Barry, South Wales
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded numerous contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and have plans for more as a Technology provider.
We're currently recruiting five Shift Operators to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Barry, South Wales. This plant is part of a 3-plant development project across the UK designed to supply ~10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology/Advanced Thermal Treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Shift Operator, reporting to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant including pumps, water treatment plant, motors, boiler plant etc
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out first line maintenance duties when required in order to keep plan running smoothly
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in operations and/or maintenance in a heavy process environmental involving steam raising (ideally power generation)
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste site
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Technician - Energy from Waste
Up to £38964.00 per annum
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
£49000 - £50000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
C&I Technician x 2 - New Energy from Waste Plant
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste