|Job Title:||Shift Operator / Technician x 10 - New Power Station|
|Location:||Isle of Wight, England|
|Salary:||£35000 - £36500 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2019|
Shift Operator / Technician x 10 - New Power Station
£36,500 + benefits
Isle of Wight
We are currently recruiting for 10 Shift Operators / Technicians to join the operations department of a brand-new energy from waste power station on the Isle of Wight. Using state of the art technology the plant will treat both non-recyclable and recyclable waste and generate enough electricity to power up to 5000 homes. As a Shift Operator you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant via the control room as well as ensuring mechanical plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- The safe operation and monitoring of plant via the DCS from the control room. This includes boilers, turbines, pumps, water treatment plant, cranes and mobile plant
- Working with the STL to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance to the STL
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emission levels etc.
- Perform routine plant inspections, first line mechanical maintenance and walk rounds as required
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Shift Operator / Technician position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in a mechanical engineering discipline
- At least 4 years' experience in an operational or maintenance related role in a heavy process plant. This could include power generation, manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A flexible approach to working/shift patterns
Candidate must be willing to work shifts as this role involves working on a 4 on 4 off 12hour shift pattern
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £36,500
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The chance to join a brand new site from the very start
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.