Shift Operator - Sheffield
|Job Title:||Shift Operator - Sheffield|
|Salary:||Up to £37180 per annum + Overtime|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2018 14:58|
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass CHP
£37,180 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join the Operations Department of a newly built 7MW Biomass CHP plant in Sheffield. The Shift Plant Operator will act under the direction of the O&M Team Leader and ensure the safe and efficient operation of a high-pressure boiler, generator and auxiliary plant. You will form part of a shift pattern that covers days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
As a Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The safe operation and monitoring of plant via the DCS from the control room. This includes boilers, turbines, pumps, water treatment plant, cranes and mobile plant
- Working with the O&M Team Leader to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emission levels etc.
- Equipment isolations and issuing permits to work
- Perform routine plant inspections and first line maintenance work
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Ensuring wood fuel stocks are controlled
- Shift cover in the event of sickness or training of other staff
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To be considered for this Shift Plant Operator position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/NVQ/C&G in an engineering discipline
- Experience in an operations role on a power station or heavy process industry with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or petrochemical etc.
- Some maintenance experience/skills would be beneficial
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A flexible approach to working/shift patterns
The shift pattern includes 12 hour shifts across days and nights
Package & Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £37,380
- Company pension
- The chance to join a new facility in the early stages of its life cycle
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
Up to £27000.00 per annum
Shift Electrical Engineer - CHP
West End, London
Shift Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
£50000 - £55800 per annum + bonus, pension