|Job Title:||Shift Operator Power plant|
|Salary:||£30000 - £32000 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Matthew George|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2019|
Shift Operator - Power Plant
up to £32,000 + overtime + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Operator to join a power generation site in Nottingham. The Shift Operator will be responsible for operating a variety of equipment via a DCS including boiler plant, generators, flue gas treatment plant & their associated systems.
Reporting to the O&M Team Leader, Shift Operator will be responsible for:
- The safe & efficient operation of boiler plant, generators, pumps, motors, compressors & more via a DCS from the control room
- Performing routine plant inspections & walk rounds conducting first line maintenance work when required
- Managing site health, safety, environmental & quality issues e.g. permits to work, safe systems of work
- Ensuring the plant is operated within the sites environmental permit
- Monitoring stock levels when appropriate
- Assisting with commissioning activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this O&M Team Leader position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in DCS/SCADA plant operations in a heavy process environment - ideally steam raising. This can be from power generation, energy from waste, chemical or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers at LET level or above would also suit
- Maintenance experience - electrical or mechanical
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary up to £32,000 & benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- Company pension
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to discuss further, please contact Matt George on 02392 288 206 or email a CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.