Shift Operator - New Gasification Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Operator - New Gasification Power Station|
|Salary:||Up to £27200.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2019 10:21|
Shift Operator - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £27,200 (including shift allowance) + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Shift Technician and Shift Team Leader in the safe and efficient running of the power station via the control room as well as out on site
- Completing regular site walk rounds to ensure plant is operating correctly and efficiently
- Performing first line maintenance duties and defect rectification as and when required
- Driving and operating a range of mobile plant including fork lift trucks, excavators etc
- Ensuring the day to day compliance with all aspects of the environmental permit as well as reporting any incidents, accidents and near misses
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- A technical qualification in an engineering discipline is desirable e.g. City & Guilds
- Previous experience working in operations / maintenance in a heavy process industry e.g. waste management, power generation, chemical production etc.
- An adaptable approach to work and willingness to learn.
- Experience driving/operating fork lift trucks and yellow plant is desirable
- A good understanding of all health, safety and environmental aspects.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £23,000
- Shift Allowance
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
If you're interested in finding out more or applying for the role. Please forward a CV to Jane Walsh at email@example.com or call in on 02393 910039.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £36720.00 per annum + pension, OT
Safety Systems Engineer - EFW Power Station
£54000 - £55900 per annum + benefits
Instrument Technician - Biomass Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Bonus + overtime + pension