|Job Title:||Shift Operator - New Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£23000 - £27200.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019|
Shift Operator- New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
£23,000 + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Operator to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located near Belfast Airport, this is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience within the Power Generation sector.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
· Supporting the Shift Technician and Shift Team Leader in the safe and efficient running of the power station via the control room as well as out on site
· Completing regular site walk rounds to ensure plant is operating correctly and efficiently
· Performing first line maintenance duties and defect rectification as and when required
· Driving and operating a range of mobile plant including fork lift trucks, excavators etc
· Ensuring the day to day compliance with all aspects of the environmental permit as well as reporting any incidents, accidents and near misses
· Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
This role is working 4 on 4 off with a 9 week rotation, including 2 weeks of cover shifts
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
· A technical qualification in an engineering discipline is desirable e.g. City & Guilds
· Previous experience working in operations / maintenance in a heavy process industry e.g. waste management, power generation, chemical production etc.
· An adaptable approach to work and willingness to learn.
· Experience driving/operating fork lift trucks and yellow plant is desirable
· A good understanding of all health, safety and environmental aspects.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· Competitive Salary up to £21,000
· Shift Allowance
· Benefits package
· Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more please contact Dan Grosvenor or Becki Saunders on 02392 288 214 or email a CV & Cover Letter to BSaunders@Astutetechnical.co.uk.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.