Shift Operator - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Operator - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000.00 per annum + Shift Pay + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2017 09:22|
Shift Operator - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Up to £22,000 + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Operator to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Belfast just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Shift Technician and Shift Team Leader in the safe and efficient running of the power station via the control room as well as out on site
- Completing regular site walk rounds to ensure plant is operating correctly and efficiently
- Performing first line maintenance duties and defect rectification as and when required
- Driving and operating a range of mobile plant including fork lift trucks, excavators etc
- Ensuring the day to day compliance with all aspects of the environmental permit as well as reporting any incidents, accidents and near misses
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- A technical qualification in an engineering discipline is desirable e.g. City & Guilds
- Previous experience working in operations / maintenance in a heavy process industry e.g. waste management, power generation, chemical production etc.
- An adaptable approach to work and willingness to learn.
- Experience driving/operating fork lift trucks and yellow plant is desirable
- A good understanding of all health, safety and environmental aspects.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £22,000
- Shift Allowance
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact a member of the Power Team at Astute; Dan Grosvenor, Steve Utton, Arjun Patel on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
O&M Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Shift + Bonus
Shift Team Leader x 5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
East Sussex, England
Up to £49000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension
Civil Planning Engineer - Energy from Waste
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Civils Contracts Manager - Energy from Waste
Up to £74000.00 per annum