|Job Title:||Shift Operator - New Biomass CHP plant|
|Salary:||£36300 per annum + pension, OT|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||August 2, 2017|
Shift Operator - New Biomass CHP plant
£36,300 + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Operator to join a brand new 7MW power generation site just south of Nottingham. The Shift Operator will be responsible for operating a variety of equipment via a DCS including boiler plant, generators, flue gas treatment plant and their associated systems.
Reporting to the O&M Team Leader, the Shift Operator will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of boiler plant, generators, pumps, motors, compressors and more via a DCS from the control room
- Performing routine plant inspections and walk rounds conducting first line maintenance work when required
- Managing site health, safety, environmental and quality issues e.g. permits to work, safe systems of work
- Ensuring the plant is operated within the sites environmental permit
- Monitoring stock levels when appropriate
- Assisting with commissioning activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Shift Operator position you must have:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in DCS/SCADA plant operations in a heavy process environment - ideally steam raising. This can be from power generation, energy from waste, chemical or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers at LET level or above would also suit
- Basic maintenance experience - electrical or mechanical
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of £36,300 (inclusive of shift pay)
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.