|Job Title:||Shift Operator - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Up to £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||March 9, 2018|
Shift Operator - Energy from Waste
~£38,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a leading Waste Management company in the UK and are recruiting for a Shift Operator to join the Operations Team of their newest plant.
Working at their newest facility in Buckinghamshire, capable of diverting up to 300,000 tonnes of waste from landfill and in turn producing ~22MW of electricity. A state of the art facility with a contract in place to forge a successful career in power generation, this is an ideal opportunity to join the Operations Team as a Shift Operator.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Manager, as Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant in a safe and efficient manner which includes during normal running, start-ups and shutdowns along with emergency situations.
- Ensuring the operational demands of the plant are met along with monitoring the plans emissions to comply with the Environmental Permit and reporting any issues to the Shift Manager.
- Working within the company's safe systems of work, SHEQ systems and relevant legislation.
- Become certified under Safety Rules as an Authorised Person and apply isolations, locks and safety tags.
- Conduct front line maintenance, plant inspections, fault finding and fault reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum C&G/NVQ Level 3 in a Process/Engineering/Operations discipline
- Completed an apprenticeship and/or three years in a Power Generation/Heavy Process/Maintenance role (Royal Nave Marine Engineers will also be considered)
- Familiar working on a SCADA/PLC/DCS System
- IOSH/NEBOSH or a Health & Safety Qualification
- Flexibility to work Shift Patterns including nights and weekends.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Allowance
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join one of the UK's newest and most advanced Energy from Waste Power Stations
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.