Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station|
|Location:||Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Overtime & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 11:47|
Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station
Hull, East Yorkshire
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded numerous contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants & Biomass Plants and have plans for more as a Technology provider.
We're currently recruiting a Shift Operator on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Biomass Power Station in Hull, East Yorkshire. This plant is part of a 3-plant development project across the UK designed to supply ~10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology/Advanced Thermal Treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Shift Operator, reporting to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant including pumps, water treatment plant, motors, boiler plant etc
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out first line maintenance duties when required in order to keep plan running smoothly
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in operations and/or maintenance in a heavy process environmental involving steam raising (ideally power generation)
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Initial 6 month contract with view to a permanent position
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- Commissioning opportunities
- An opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste site
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station
Technical Sales Engineer - M&E Power Station Services
Bonus & Benefits
Shift Team Leader - Brand new Energy from Waste Power Plant
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + benefits