|Job Title:||Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 5, 2018|
Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded numerous contracts in the United Kingdom for the Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste / Biomass plants and have plans for more as a Technology provider.
We're currently recruiting for a Shift Operator to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Biomass Power Station in Boston, Lincolnshire. This plant is part of a 3-plant development project across the UK designed to supply ~10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology/Advanced Thermal Treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Shift Operator, reporting to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant including pumps, water treatment plant, motors, boiler plant etc
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Plant inspections, making manual adjustments, reporting issues and coordinating work with the maintenance departments
- Carrying out first line maintenance duties when required in order to keep plan running smoothly
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an C&G / NVQ in an engineering discipline
- Experience in operations and/or maintenance in a heavy process environmental involving steam raising (ideally power generation)
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a new build Biomass Power Station
- Commissioning experience
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.