|Job Title:||Shift Operator - Biomass CHP|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £36380 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018|
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass CHP
£36,380 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join the Operations Department of a newly built 7MW Biomass CHP plant in Sheffield. The Shift Plant Operator will act under the direction of the O&M Team Leader and ensure the safe and efficient operation of a high-pressure boiler, generator and auxiliary plant. You will form part of a shift pattern that covers days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
As a Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The safe operation and monitoring of plant via the DCS from the control room. This includes boilers, turbines, pumps, water treatment plant, cranes and mobile plant
- Working with the O&M Team Leader to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emission levels etc.
- Equipment isolations and issuing permits to work
- Perform routine plant inspections and first line maintenance work
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Ensuring wood fuel stocks are controlled
- Shift cover in the event of sickness or training of other staff
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To be considered for this Shift Plant Operator position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/NVQ/C&G in an engineering discipline
- Experience in an operations role on a power station or heavy process industry with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or petrochemical etc.
- Some maintenance experience/skills would be beneficial
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A flexible approach to working/shift patterns
The shift pattern includes 12 hour shifts across days and nights.
Package & Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £36,380
- Company pension
- The chance to join a new facility in the early stages of its life cycle
If you are interested in applying for this position or finding out more information, please contact Steve via the details below:
Phone: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.