Shift Operations Technician x 6 - New Energy From Waste Plant
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician x 6 - New Energy From Waste Plant|
|Location:||South London, London|
|Salary:||£37423.49 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2017 11:39|
Shift Operations Technician x 6 - New EFW Power Station
Circa £37,400 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 6 Shift Operations Technicians to join the operations department of a brand-new state of the art Energy from Waste power station in South London. The Shift Operations Technician will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant. including diagnosing and rectifying of faults. This is a good chance to develop your career within the Power Industry at a brand new site.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Testing plant equipment including carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments. You will also be responsible for shift handover to ensure the communication before the following shift is efficient.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all defects are being reported with CMMS effectively and followed through quickly.
- Making sure all activities carried out are in line with all health and safety regulations, whilst ensuring compliance with the IPPC authorisation at all times.
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as an C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at LET level
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including; Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Operations Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £37,400 inclusive of a shift allowance
- Company pension
- The opportunity to join a brand new EFW plant during the commissioning stages
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 208 and ask to speak with Olivia Naylor who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
C&I Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
OT + benefits
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Coventry, West Midlands
£33000 - £46000 per annum + bonus, pension
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste