Shift Operations Technician - Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - Power Station|
|Salary:||Up to £51000 per annum + healthcare, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 12:29|
Shift Operations Technician - EFW Power Station
Circa £51,000 + healthcare + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Operations Technician to join the operations department of an Energy from Waste power station in the North London area. The Shift Operations Technician will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant including diagnosing and rectifying of faults as well as ensuring the plant is operating in accordance with the environmental permit.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Maintaining maximum throughput of waste in a safe and efficient manner to ensure a high level of plant efficiency
- Performing first line maintenance duties as required and assisting in cleaning up of any blockages and spills
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Monitoring emissions and control combustion and FGT plant to ensure compliance with the environmental permit
- Ensuring all defects are being reported to the site maintenance team efficiently
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification in an engineering discipline - minimum C&G but ideally HNC/ONC in mechanical or electrical engineering
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at LET level or above
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including; Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £51,000
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
- The opportunity to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician - Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £36720.00 per annum + pension, OT
Lead Mechanical Engineer - Power Station
Day Operator - New Gasification Power Station
Up to £21000 per annum + benefits
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station