Shift Operations Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant|
|Salary:||£32000 - £38400.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 08:30|
Shift Operations Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£32,000 + Shift Pay + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector. We are looking for a Shift Operations Technician to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Shift Team Leader to monitor the plant through control of the: - boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water treatment plant etc.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation through inspections and Control System monitoring
- Carrying out first line maintenance to ensure plant reliability and availability
- Scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities and assisting during Outages/Shutdowns
- Monitoring fuel input to optimise the plant's output
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Please note this is a shift role and will involve working 12 hour shifts including days and nights.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ, HNC etc. in an engineering discipline
- Experience in an operational environment on a Heavy Process Plant. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Previous experience with Steam Raising plant and DCS / SCADA Monitoring systems
- Health & Safety certificate such as First Aid at Work or IOSH / NEBOSH
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and a strong Health & Safety approach
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Salary up to £32,000 plus Shift Pay (£6,400)
- Discretionary Bonus & Overtime
- Opportunity to take part in Commissioning activities
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car, bonus, pension
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
West Midlands, England
Pension + Bonus
Construction Project Manager - Waste Management
Manchester, Greater Manchester
car + benefits