Shift Operations Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000.00 per annum + Shift Pay + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2017 10:19|
Shift Operations Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Up to £30,000 + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Operations Technician to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Belfast.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Shift Team Leader to monitor the plant through control of the: - boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water treatment plant etc.
- Carrying out first line maintenance to ensure plant reliability and availability
- Scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities and assisting during Outages/Shutdowns
- Monitoring fuel input to optimise the plant's output
- Pre-start checks, commissioning and de-commissioning activities
- Please note this is a shift role and will involve working 12 hour shifts including days and nights.
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ, HNC etc. in an engineering discipline
- Experience in an operational environment on a Heavy Process Plant. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Graduates in Mechanical Degree's or a relevant field will also be considered
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and a strong Health & Safety approach
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £30,000
- Shift Allowance
- Benefits package
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact a member of the Power Team at Astute; Dan Grosvenor, Steve Utton, Arjun Patel on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Bonus + Benefits
Stores Person - New Energy from Waste Power Station
EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Head of Operations (South) - Energy from Waste
car, bonus, pension
HSE Advisor - Energy from Waste
Car + Benefits