Shift Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Salary:||£39000 - £41000.00 per annum + Bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2018 15:55|
Shift Operations Technician - EFW Power Station
Up to £41,000 + up to 10% Bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting several Shift Operations Technicians to join the operations department of an Energy from Waste power station in Oxfordshire. The Shift Operations Technician will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant including diagnosing and rectifying of faults. This is a good chance to develop your career within the Power Industry.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Testing plant equipment including carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments. You will also be responsible for shift handover to ensure the communication before the following shift is efficient.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all defects are being reported with CMMS effectively and followed through quickly.
- Making sure all activities carried out are in line with all health and safety regulations, whilst ensuring compliance with the IPPC authorisation at all times.
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at LET level
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including; Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Operations Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of up to £41,000 inclusive of a shift allowance
- Up to 10% bonus
- Company pension
- Opportunity to join the Energy from Waste sector
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 282 and ask to speak to Arjun Patel who can discuss in more detail with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - Brand new Energy from Waste Power Plant
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + benefits
Operations Manager - New Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
Operations & Maintenance Assistant - Energy from Waste
Carluke, South Lanarkshire
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste
Up to £45900.00 per annum