Shift Operations Technician - Energy From Waste
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - Energy From Waste|
|Salary:||£36906 per annum + Pension + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2016 16:48|
Shift Operations Technician - Energy from Waste
£36,906 + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Shift Operations Technician to join the Operations department of an Energy from Waste Power Plant in Slough. You will play a lead role in operating and maintaining all aspects of the plant from the control room via the DCS system and out in the field ensuring that the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency. This is a great opportunity to work for a highly-desired employer with a company benefits package and a chance to develop an exciting rewarding career.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Operating all plant equipment involved in electrical generation via the DCS. You will be responsible for operating; steam turbines, boilers, heat exchangers, pumps and the water treatment plant.
- Able to keep downtime to a minimum by carrying out first line maintenance when required.
- Carrying out systems isolations and ensuring compliance with the company's safe systems of work at all times.
- Updating the shift log which will include plant and process changes and shift handovers to ensure effective communication throughout shift change.
To be considered for the Shift Operations Technician vacancy, candidates should have:
- Experience in control room/ operations environment in a heavy process industry. This can include Energy from Waste, CHP, Power Generation or Petrochemical as an Operator/ Operations Technician/ Unit Operator / DCS Operator
- Qualified to either an NVQ/ City & Guilds/ ONC or HNC in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with watchkeeping experience will also be considered.
- A strong understanding of health and safety processes and procedures
Our client offers a great deal of benefits for this role of Shift Operations Technician.
- Competitive salary of £36,906
- Generous bonus available
- Company pension scheme
If you are interested in the Shift Operations Technician position and want to develop your career within the Power industry, then this could be the opportunity for you. To apply or for more information please see the contact details below and ask to speak to Olivia Naylor.
T: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands
Condition Monitoring Engineer - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + Car allowance + bonus
Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £42000.00 per annum
Operations Technician - Power Station
shift allowance + benefits