|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - EFW Power Station|
|Salary:||£40000 - £41000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||January 9, 2019|
Shift Operations Technician - EFW Power Station
Up to £41,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Operations Technician to join the operations department of an Energy from Waste power station in Oxfordshire. The Shift Operations Technician will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant including diagnosing and rectifying of faults.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, the Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments. You will also be responsible for shift handover to ensure the communication before the following shift is efficient.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all defects are being reported with CMMS effectively and followed through quickly.
- Making sure all activities carried out are in line with all health and safety regulations, whilst ensuring compliance with the IPPC authorisation at all times.
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at LET level
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including; Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Operations Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of up to £41,000 inclusive of a shift allowance
- Up to 10% bonus
- Company pension
- Opportunity to join the Energy from Waste sector
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can discuss in more detail with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.