Shift Operations Technician - CHP
|Job Title:||Shift Operations Technician - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2018 15:15|
Operations Technician - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an Operations Technician to join the expanding Operations Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Site Operations Supervisor you will be part of a Shift Team (sometimes alone) responsible for the safe and efficient running of the CHP in line with business and statutory needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor, as an Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant to ensure compliance in line with Company and Client procedures
- Carrying out first line maintenance to ensure plant availability and performance is at a high level whilst ensuring adherence with safety, environmental and statutory requirements.
- Identifying and reporting plant defects, observations and anomalies that may affect the safety of the site or operation of the plant
- Completing assigned safety duties, including safe systems of work, setting people to work and the companies safety systems
- Assisting the Operations Supervisor with projects and outage preparation
- Controlling the offloading of materials onto site, this may include road tanker fuel, oil and urea deliveries and directing the right material to dedicated storage tanks.
- Conducting sampling activities to comply with Ofgem regulations
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 minimum in Engineering/Plant Operations or Apprentice qualified
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Power Generation in an Operations based role
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance skillset
- IOSH or H&S certificate
- Experience working to Safe Systems of Work
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join a plant in commissioning phase
If you are interested in this position, please contact Arjun Patel on 02392 288 282 or send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Engineer - CHP
Plant Operations Engineer - CHP
Maintenance Engineer - CHP
Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Coventry, West Midlands
£33000 - £46000 per annum + bonus, pension
£30 - £35 per annum