|Job Title:||Shift Mechanical Engineer|
|Location:||East London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £39120.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2019|
Shift Mechanical Technician - CHP
Astute are looking for a Mechanical Technician working shifts on a CHP providing Heat & Cooling solutions across two energy centres.
As the Mechanical Technician, you'll be responsible for taking part in the reactive and preventative maintenance strategy on site, covering two facilities which provide 46.5MW of heating and 16MW of cooling to local homes and businesses.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineer, as the Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical equipment including boilers, turbines, pumps, fans, compressors, hydraulics and conveyors
- Managing on site contractors and participating in the training of new staff
- Pro-actively identify area for improvement and bring these forward
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HND in mechanical engineering or similar
- Knowledge and understanding of large-scale heating systems
- At least three years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary circa £40k
- Opportunity to work on a district heating scheme/CHP across two sites
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.