|Job Title:||Shift Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 4, 2017|
Shift Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for a Shift Manager to join the Operations Team of an Energy from Waste Power Station on the East Coast of Scotland, North of Edinburgh.
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join the team on site, managing the day to day activities of the shift team and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as Shift Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Provide direction and support to the Operations Team in order to run the plant in a safe and efficient manner, in line with all HSE, Regulatory and Statutory legislation.
- To operate the plant at maximum efficiency, ensuring all issues are accurately recorded and reported to maintain plant availability.
- Planning and coordinating workload and ensure all work is allocated in accordance with risk and priority.
- Liaise and support the Engineering/Maintenance staff in planning outages, modifications, plant upgrades and first line maintenance to minimise plant downtime.
- Acting as "Person Responsible" and a main contact outside of working hours.
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal development plans
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £39,000 + Bonuses
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join this site at an exciting time in it's life cycle
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.