|Job Title:||Shift Lead Engineer - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 3, 2019|
Shift Lead Engineer - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Bonus & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client who are one of the world's largest leaders in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries.
The Energy from Waste site in Nottinghamshire currently processes around 160,000 tonnes of waste per year, exporting steam producing to a District Heating Network. With construction on a 14MW Energy from Waste expansion starting in 2019 they are looking for a Shift Lead Engineer to join the Operations Team to assist with the day to day management of the site.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as a Shift Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting the Operation Teal with the day to day operation of the plant, ensuring all activities are carried out safely and in line with HSE / legislation.
- Overseeing plant performance, identifying areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Liaising with the maintenance department to maintain plant reliability and improve availability to achieve production targets.
- Supervise the Operations Team with fault finding, inspections, start up and shut down activities.
- Acting as Senior Authorised Person for all High-Voltage activities.
- Supervising contractors.
- Planning / scheduling outages & shutdowns.
- Act as Emergency Controller and participate in the company HSE forums and be an advocate for HSE initiatives.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager as and when required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum ONC / HNC /HND in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Health & Safety qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH.
- At least five years supervisory experience in control room environment from a similar industry such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, CHP or Power Generation with Steam Raising Plant - Royal Navy Marine Engineers with Steam Raising experience would be welcome to apply.
- Senior Authorised Person status (SAP) for High Voltage switching
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, permit & safety systems, switchgear and performance monitoring.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Annual salary
- Annual bonus up to 12%
- Pension and benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.