Shift Engineer - CCGT Power Station
|Job Title:||Shift Engineer - CCGT Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2018 17:32|
Shift Team Leader - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader / Shift Engineer to join the Operations department of a CCGT Power Station on the South Coast. Leading a team of Shift Operators, you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the power station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations & Maintenance Manager, as Shift Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Provide direction and support to the Operations Team in order to run the plant in a safe and efficient manner, in line with all HSE, Regulatory and Statutory legislation.
- To operate the plant at maximum efficiency, ensuring all issues are accurately recorded and reported to maintain plant availability.
- Continuously seek to improve plant availability, thermal performance, environmental compliance and asset integrity.
- Acting as Senior Authorised Persons under Site Safety Rules
- Proactively seek ways to improvement plant performance and efficiency with minimum environmental impact - challenge existing practises where appropriate
- Planning and coordinating workload and ensure all work is allocated in accordance with risk and priority.
- Liaise and support the Engineering/Maintenance staff in planning outages, modifications, plant upgrades and first line maintenance to minimise plant downtime.
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal development plans
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ ONC in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical, process etc
- At least 5 years' management experience in an operational environment on a power station, ideally a CCGT / CHP (utilising gas turbines). Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
- An excellent understanding of power generation / power station operations and systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment would be beneficial
- Having experience of S7 PLC / T3000-SPPA would be advantageous
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary plus shift allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension + medical
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EHS Manager - CCGT Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Station
Technical Sales Engineer - M&E Power Station Services
Bonus & Benefits
ElectricaI Technician - Power Station
£37000 - £37925.00 per annum + benefits
QHSE Manager - Biomass Power Station
Bonus & Benefits