|Job Title:||Shift Engineer - Castleford - £32K|
|Location:||Castleford, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £32000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019|
Role: Shift Engineer - Plastics
Salary: £32,000 + Benefits Package.
Location: Castleford, Leeds.
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer to join a business who provide a plastic reprocessing service. They are now looking for an Engineer to join them to help them enhance their business / plant through engineering investment and proactive maintenance.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing first line response to all plant breakdowns within a safe and efficient manner
- Provide 'hands on' Electrical and Mechanical support during shutdown periods and the weekly maintenance periods
- Proactively monitor plant equipment and performance investigating any annomalies and being proactive in the approach to maintenance
- Carry out reactive and preventative maintenance to all plant to a high standard, thereby maximising plant availability, minimising plant failures and ensuring continued high product quality
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of both plants, through reducing production costs and increasing the quality and value of the product.
- Ensuring all work is planned and carried out to comply with the businesses H&S policy.
- Working with contractors across construction and installation of equipment .
- Complete reords and reports required for each shift, giving an effctive handover and communication
As a qualified engineer (Mechanical / Electrical / EC&I) you will have experience of working on shift as a single point of contact for maintenance. A high level of knowledge of PLC Control, fault finding and route cause is required and a working knowledge of mechanical systems inclduing hydrualics, pnuematics and pumps is beneficial.
Whats on offer
- Basic salary up to £32,000
- Extensive benefits package
- Development opportunities
How to apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392222965.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.