|Job Title:||SHEQ Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||April 01, 2019 09:44|
Up to £55,000 + Car
We are currently recruiting for a Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Compliance Manager to join one of the industry leaders in groundwater control and water management. Working as the SHEQ Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring health, safety and environmental policies are implemented consistently across the company. You will be joining an established team in Hertfordshire focussing on the development and implementation of a successful integrated management system and working proactively to establish and maintain efficient & safe systems of work and a safe environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for…
- To develop, maintain and improve the current integrated management system (IMS) to review all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) strategies, policies and procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Drive best practice across all personnel, contractors and suppliers on SHEQ matters, providing support and guidance throughout the business.
- Conduct Internal Audits, assessments and inspections to verify effective implementation od SHEQ Strategies and conformance to legislation, standards and IMS with its policies, processes and procedures.
- Carry out site visits, inspections and RAMS.
- Carry out training and mentoring of staff and contractors to ensure they are capable and competent to undertake the tasks allocated to them.
- Maintain the company's ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Achilles UVDB & Building Confidence & Construction certifications.
- Promoting the impact of SHEQ issues, whether legislative or best practice to the wider business.
- Monitoring, measuring and recording SHEQ objectives and KPI's.
- Compile monthly SHEQ reports to Senior Management.
- Ensure that any safety or Environmental accidents, incidents or near misses are reported immediately and investigations are carried out to identify the root causes and for future accident prevention.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be expected to have a relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice as well as proven experience leading SHEQ at a high level.
ISO 9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 auditor experience is desirable but not essential and candidates must have extensive knowledge of effective SHEQ management strategies and best practice and current SHEQ legislation.
This role is predominantly office based with site visits around the London area weekly. Due to the nature of this role, candidates must have a flexible attitude to work, be open to travel and hold a full UK driving licence.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary £45,000- 55,000
- Company Car
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.