|Job Title:||SHEQ Manager|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||June 30, 2017 13:59|
Job Title: SHEQ Manager
We are looking for a qualified Health and Safety Manager to join us for an immediate start. The role will centre on being responsible for the H&S Management of our offices, waste transfer station, storage yard and our secure destruction and refurbishment centre. You will be required to work with the Environmental Agency to ensure the upkeep of our existing exemptions, and work to obtain a permit for our new Waste Transfer Station. This role will also be responsible for maintaining the company's ISO9001 and 14001 certifications.
This role is perfect for a tenacious, confident person, looking to capitalise on their H&S expertise, and expand their skill base to cover ISO and WTS management.
- Management of the company Health and Safety systems, providing concise information and advice on health and safety issues and managing the outsourced H&S contractor
- Carrying out internal audits and inspections
- Work with Sales to support their requirements to keep existing business and win new streams of business.
- Develop schedules for H&S training and other applicable training requirements in line with industry standards and legislation, including onboarding training for all new staff
- Generate compliance documentation and certificates as required
- Generate data to populate customer-facing report preparation done in partnership with Marketing
- Preparation of environmental reports such as Recycling Reports
- Coordinates the collection of technical data for management reports
- Generate compliance documentation and certificates as required (such as Secure Destruction Certificates)
- Manage the Company compliance certifications and memberships, ensuring they are kept up-to-date with changes in legislation
- Attend customer sites to prepare and present method statements
- WAMITAB essential
- IOSH and/or CIWM highly desirable
- Qualification in related field is desirable
- Experience preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments essential
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety System operation and management essential
- Experience collecting and analysing data, and preparing management reports essential
- Customer-facing presentation skills essential
- Experience in the waste industry is desirable
- Knowledge of quality systems and management standards (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 18001) an advantage.
We are looking for an organised, authoritative and driven manager, who is a highly accountable and pro-active in their approach to developing the function and contributing to the wider company development.
- Salary: £35K to £40K
- Annual bonus linked to performance against KPIs
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 - 5:00pm
- Holiday entitlement: 28 days including public holidays, to increase with long service
- Place of work: Leyton
- Reports to: Head of Operations
We are London's most innovative, caring environmental company and we pride ourselves on our professionalism and reputation. We work with a diverse range of clients from residential and commercial through to construction.
Our focus is on creating a service that meets the needs of our customers whilst maintaining the integrity of our environment. Our employees are pivotal to our success and their wellbeing is key to sustainable growth.
This position offers a salary of up to £40,000 including a bonus scheme and company benefits.
If you or anyone you know are interested in applying for this position, please email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Roxannei for more information. 023 92 222 965
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £44000 per annum
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Assistant MRF Manager
South London, London
Up to £40000.00 per annum