|Job Title:||SHE Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2017 14:26|
JOB TITLE SHE Advisor
LOCATION Dorchester / Dorset
SALARY Competitive salary, pension & bonus
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They require a highly motivated and experienced SHE advisor to support operations, providing competent Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) advice and guidance to Project & Operations teams. This is a Permanent Full-Time position to be based at our clients site in Dorchester.,
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Communicating and providing advice on Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) matters with the SHEQ Manager and other senior managers.
- Providing Safety, Health and Environment advice and assistance to all site staff.
- Establishing and maintaining systems for Safety and Environment monitoring/inspections.
- Maintaining a system for recording and reporting key SHE performance indicators.
- Support the implementations of new SHE Corporate initiatives, tools and processes.
- Providing reports on SHE issues and performance to the relevant meetings when required.
- To provide expertise input during the preparing of safety and environment documentation (e.g. method statements, working instructions, risk assessments), to write such documents and/or to act as an independent reviewer of relevant safety and environment documentation.
- Support and assist with the assessments of risks and providing SHE advice in respect of complex and/or hazard activities.
- To prepare safety and environment assessments, including new operations and projects and review of waste disposal routes.
To be considered for this position it is expected that the successful individual will have the following:
- Ability to apply safety and technical knowledge to complex problems in a clear and creative way.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to respond quickly to requirements of various operations managers.
- Communication skills - strong ability to speak with all grades of specialist; the ability to produce high-quality written reports, briefs etc. for wide range of audiences. Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Self-Motivation & Positive "can-do" Attitude
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Engineering or Science Degree (desirable)
- NEBOSH / IEMA
- HSE Legislation, Guidance and Standards
- Radioactive waste management regulations and practice (desirable)
This is excellent opportunity to join a well-regarded Waste Management business at their Dorset based facility.
If you or anyone you know are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity to develop your career, please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 92 222 964 and ask to speak to Don Marsh for more information.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's