|Job Title:||Service Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 17:46|
Up to £35,000 + £3,000 Bonus + Car
We are currently recruiting for a Service Technician to join one of the industry leaders in sorting systems, plant and equipment for the waste disposal and recycling industry worldwide. Working as a Service Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out service inspections and planned maintenance tasks on waste management machinery within waste processing facilities across the UK.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Planned and preventative maintenance task on a wide variety of waste processing equipment.
- Travelling as allocated to UK customer sites covering from the South Coast to North Yorkshire.
- Carry out inspections on plant as per service agreements and planned maintenance schedules.
- Identifying opportunities for proactive maintenance work when on site and responding to any breakdowns that may occur.
- Produce site visit reports and service reports for each job, which are accurate and technically correct.
- Replacement of bearings, belts, shafts, conveyor parts and thermal imaging equipment as well as hydraulic servicing of waste shredders.
- Work within company H&S policies and work with the group H&S manager to produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Liaise with the UK Service Manager on withdrawal and restocking procedures, to ensure availability of parts for future work.
This role requires a flexible attitude to work due to irregular hours and working patterns but will provide an excellent opportunity to develop within a prestigious waste management company. This role will also require an initial 4-6-week long trip within Europe for training and product knowledge.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be expected to have experience working as a service technician with a background carrying out maintenance and service work on heavy industrial equipment.
Candidates will also be expected to have worked on both mechanical and hydraulic systems and experience working within the waste industry previously would be beneficial.
This role is a field-based position with a head office based in Ashford but requires significant travel across the whole of the UK. Due to the nature of the role, candidates will be flexible in their availability and hold a full UK driving licence.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary £35,000
- £3,000 Annual Bonus
- Company Car
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Field Service Engineer
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £35000.00 per annum + Car and Pension
Maintenance Engineer - Nights - Essex
£42000 - £46000 per annum
Plant Engineer - Days - Essex
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Plant Engineer - Nights - Essex
£42000 - £46000 per annum
Graduate Hazardous Waste Sales