Senior Technician - Waste Management - London
|Job Title:||Senior Technician - Waste Management - London|
|Salary:||Up to £24700.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 15:05|
Job Title - Senior Technician - Waste Management
Location - South London
Salary - £24,700
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the UK's leading resource, recycling and waste management companies as an MBT Senior Technician at one of their key London plants.
About the Role As MBT Senior Technician will report to the MBT Supervisor and will be involved in the ensuring the day to day production and management of the plant. By managing the in-house systems and performing regular plant checks and maintenance you will support the management in reducing downtime, machine or system inefficiencies and addressing safety concerns.
As Senior Technician your responsibilities will include but not be limited too;
- Ensure MBT operates within the requirements of the environmental permit ensuring the correct issuing of contractor permits when necessary.
- Carry out operational Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) checks and report findings with the shift supervisor and maintenance supervisor.
- Maintain the daily operation of the mechanical and biological sections of the plant via SCADA and control settings for optimum performance, whilst drawing conclusions from past data.
- Provide line management with specialist knowledge and hands-on expertise rectifying and preventing problems such as equipment failure, material blockages and biological process inefficiencies.
- Liaise directly with the Technician to monitor daily tasks in relation to cleaning, operations and maintenance.
- Complete end of shift inspections ensuring tasks has been carried out to the required standards and assist shift supervisor in daily reporting.
- Prepare both facilities for daily operation and carry out necessary prestart equipment checks in conjunction with the shift supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate you will have excellent leadership and team management skills. You will be able to motivate and develop a team within a demanding environment, previous supervisory and waste industry knowledge would be an advantage. A mechanical or electrical engineering qualification or Chemistry/Biology background would be beneficial and previous experience of SCADA advantageous.
Hours are alternating weekly shift pattern, between the 2 operational shifts (06:00-14:00 and 13:45-21:45). Please only apply if these are suitable.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the UK leader's in waste and resource management. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at email@example.com or call 02392222965.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Hazardous Waste Sales
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £42000.00 per annum
HGV Technician - Wembley
£30000 - £34000.00 per annum
HGV Technician - Watford - £33K
£194 - £33000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum