Senior Systems Safety Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Safety Engineer|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2018 16:35|
Lead Systems Safety Engineer - Defence
Current Transferable DV Clearance Required
Basingstoke - circa £65k DOE
Our client is looking for an exceptional senior systems safety engineer to join their consultancy business with a focus on both delivering existing projects and leading the development of future opportunities within the defence sector.
This role will see you acting in a consultancy capacity to lead the scoping, development, and implementation of system safety strategy for varied major UK defence projects, focussing on software safety engineering in the defence nuclear sector. You will be responsible for duties to include:
- Providing System Safety guidance to applicable project stakeholders and sub-contractors
- Ensuring Safety output conforms to client and regulatory policy
- Promoting Safety awareness throughout the design development lifecycle
- Co-ordinating the Safety engineering activities within assigned projects
- Supporting and promoting a positive Safety culture within client organisations
- ALARP justifications
- Safety case development and review
Being an experienced systems safety engineer with a demonstrable track record of delivery in the UK defence sector, you will possess:
- current transferable DV level security clearance. Please note - this is a mandatory requirement to be considered for this role given the timescales involved in obtaining fresh clearance at this level
- specific understanding and experience of working to Def Stan 00-55/56, ideally relating to nuclear projects
- excellent communication skills and commercial awareness, with the ability to engage and build trust with partner teams
- the desire to identify and develop opportunities for additional workstreams to grow the business and deliver value to new and existing clients
- a degree or comparable in a relevant engineering field, followed by extensive practical experience in industry
What's on offer
A highly competitive salary and fantastic benefits package cover the bases, but you will also become part of a team that genuinely values its consultants and is keen to invest in their personal and professional development.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of bleeding edge projects in a challenging atmosphere that will ensure a dynamic and fulfilling career path, and have direct controlling influence on the development of this function within the business.
How to apply
Either hit the button below or by preference contact Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 if you'd like to learn more about the opportunity. Alternatively send a copy of your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.