Senior/Principal Town Planner - Leeds
|Job Title:||Senior/Principal Town Planner - Leeds|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Car and package|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2018 14:24|
Senior / Principal Town Planner
From £35k to £40k per annum plus package
This well-regarded multidisciplinary Consultancy with a strong planning, design and engineering presence has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Town Planner to join their established Leeds based team.
As a Chartered Member of the RTPI, you will have a RTPI accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or Masters Qualification, that will enable you to take on and lead a broad range of planning related tasks. In return this will present you with the opportunity to join an established Planning team to help deliver planning applications on a range of Residential and Commercial projects.
In this role you will take responsibility for all aspects of the development process including planning policy and appraisal work, land promotion, provision of planning consultancy services along with detailed development management and delivery.
With 7-10 years' worth of experience within the planning sector you will be well placed to lead from the front, manage junior consultants, undertake site appraisals, and provide strategic and tactical planning advice to clients at senior levels. You will be working closely with other members of the planning team and inhouse designers to help manage and deliver new projects throughout the UK.
Having worked in a Town Planner capacity your experience will lead itself to demonstrating your well-rounded knowledge of the planning system, and experience gained in the commercial, residential and energy sectors.
Co-ordinating and preparing planning applications and environmental impact assessments, develop relationships with clients, local authorities, stakeholders and local communities will be second nature to you.
As a Principal Town Planner, you will thrive being part of a busy planning team, handling a varied range of planning applications for both strategic and immediate sites, of varying scales and complexity.
As a multi skilled Consultancy our client offers a full turnkey service, using their knowledge to take brownfield sites though to construction and beyond.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following:
- Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- At least 7 years' experience.
- Proven track record in the project management of town planning and associated environmental assessments, including EIA and other Impact Assessments on linear infrastructure projects.
- Excellent understanding of current town planning issues and related processes, with regard to major development and infrastructure projects.
- Proactive professional development on current and future technical knowledge.
- Pragmatic personality with the ability to articulate technical and business information, in person and writing with the aid of a wide range of IT suites.
- Creative, dynamic and logical approach to challenges in the planning process
- Effective team player, in the delivery of a wide range of planning projects.
What's on offer
- Salary up to £40,000+ depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A car or car allowance
- Continued Professional Development and professional fees covered
- The opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a challenging atmosphere that will ensure a dynamic and fulfilling career path.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Chris Jones on 02392 288214, sending a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's