|Job Title:||Senior / Principal Safety Assessment Specialist|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2019|
Senior / Principal Safety Engineer - Nuclear
£50-80k+ DOE and suitability
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO EITHER ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK DEVELOPED VETTING (DV) LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. ANY APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISREGARDED.
I'm looking to speak with highly experienced safety / risk assessment and justification professionals with solid high hazard safety case or risk assessment capability in nuclear, explosive, or chemical fields. My client is undergoing a shift from contract to permanent resource and is keen to add senior level safety capability across a range of positions to a team that is at the forefront of scientific, engineering, and technological excellence in the UK.
You will have responsibility across a range of the following accountabilities:
- Managing the technical input to the planning and production of safety assessments and justifications.
- Taking ownership and delivering safety assessments and documentation as per Nuclear Safety Management System Procedures and Standards.
- Providing technical information to the production of company policy, guidance and strategy to agreed delivery standards.
- Producing risk assessments and safety justifications for a range of facilities, including radioactive, explosives and chemical plant.
- Ensuring the correct risk assessment methods and techniques are used.
- Providing technical advice for the design and/or delivery of technical training.
- Coaching graduates, early career and Safety Assessment Specialist Assessors in the use of relevant safety assessment techniques.
A subject matter expert in the assessment of radiological, explosive, chemical, fire or other major hazards in highly regulated industries throughout the lifecycle of projects from concept to decommissioning, you will have demonstrable experience of the planning and production of safety assessments and justifications to exacting quality and delivery standards.
You will be confident to be a critical friend, challenging safety risks and continuously communicating, promoting, and improving company safety assessment standards, with direct guidance input for company strategy and policy in this field, always focusing on ensuring compliance with Site Licence Conditions.
Due to the nature of the work conducted, you will need to be eligible to obtain UK DV (Developed Vetting) level security clearance.
What's on offer
My client places great emphasis on employee engagement and is recognised by its staff as being a challenging but rewarding place to work. A key focus on work life balance, to include 9 day fortnights and other such benefits, complement a salary realistic enough to appeal to the best professionals in a heavily contract driven market.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.