Senior Plant Engineer / Assistant Plant Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Plant Engineer / Assistant Plant Manager|
|Salary:||£38000 - £40000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Becki Wensley|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2017 10:30|
Assistant Plant Manager - Renewable Energy
Salary - £38,000 -£40,000 DoE + overtime + allowance
Location - Cambridge/Bedford
Astute Technical are keen to speak to hands on Senior Plant Engineers/Plant Supervisors or Assistant Plant Managers to help oversee the day to day activities on a food waste process plant in between Bedford and Cambridge. You will be working for a leading name in the renewable energy/green gas sector who have plans to expand in the near future thus providing you with progression within the industry.
General responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and develop health, safety and environmental standards
- Ensure the Management System is maintained
- Train and develop the team when required
- Carry out maintenance of the plant (experience with CHP, large gas engines/generators desirable)
- Maximising operations, cost effectively, efficiently and compliantly
- Leading the PPM, down time and overhauls
- Managing KPI's
- Audits, permits, regulations, ensuring site is ISO compliant, accident & incident reporting etc.
- Other duties as required
The ideal applicant will have:
- Team leader experience of an industrial environment (process plant/anaerobic digestion plant/sewage/waste water treatment plant etc.)
- Proven man management skills
- Experience working with budgets, setting KPI's, performance reviews, dealing with the EA and other regulatory bodies
- Experience of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 & 14001
- A relevant Engineering qualification (HND/HNC/C&G/NVQ L3 etc or equivalent)
- Hands on heavy plant maintenance in a similar environment (CHP/Generators/engine experience advantageous)
- Ideally you will be electrically biased
- A health and safety certificate/qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH etc)
- WAMITAB CoTC in biological treatment, AD or composting is advantageous
- A full driving licence, a Fork Lift Truck licence is also desirable however this can be obtained at a later date
We are looking for someone who is interested in progression within the company as there will be an opportunity for you to train and develop new plants, you will need to be capable of running the site and managing your team whilst the Plant Manager is away and you should be proactive and driven in your approach.
This exciting position is offering a salary between £38,000 - £40,000 depending on experience plus overtime at time and a half, double time on Sundays and Double time plus a day in lieu on Bank Holidays. There will also be a £1200 per year call out allowance (1 in 4), 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Becki for more information - 023 92 222 963.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car bonus pension
£13 - £18 per hour + Dependant on Umbrella or Limited
Plant Engineer - Days - Essex
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Plant Engineer - Nights - Essex
£42000 - £46000 per annum
General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car, bonus, pension