|Job Title:||Senior Health & Safety Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Hoddinott|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2017|
Do you want to work in a company where you can make a real difference? Do you like the sound of working with a manager who you can really engage with, and who takes the time to listen to your perspective? Where your opinion is valued? How about the prospect of being able to help shape the careers of junior engineers? Maybe you are frustrated at feeling like a number in a much larger organisation, where your ideas and voice is lost? Perhaps you don't like working in an overly procedural driven environment and have limited ability to be creative or progress?
If any of the above "feels" familiar, then please read on:
We are seeking, on behalf of our client, a driven, hard-working individual to take on the role of Senior Health & Safety Advisor, joining a small team of dedicated professionals.
This challenging and dynamic role, within the Health, Safety and Quality Department, will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the health, safety and wellbeing strategy in conjunction with the Capital Delivery department on a variety of above and below ground projects,
- Monitoring the health and safety performance of the capital delivery team and contractor partners, identifying trends in health and safety performance and assisting in solutions to resolve any issues identified,
- Reporting to the senior management team on health and safety issues as they arise, supporting Project Managers and their teams ensure timely and effective resolution,
- Provision of professional health and safety guidance and assistance to all members of the engineering team,
- Regular liaison with senior management to ensure a consistency of approach and adherence to corporate standards linked to the construction activities.
To be considered successful, we are looking for a candidate with the following capabilities and qualifications:
- A professional health and safety qualification to a minimum of diploma level is essential along with experience of working in construction, preferably within the water industry,
- The successful candidate will be able to communicate at all levels of the organisation and influence others,
- The ability to work independently and deliver against objectives and targets set by the Head of Health, Safety and Quality is essential,
In return, the company offers a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.