Senior Geotechnical Engineer - West Yorkshire
|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer - West Yorkshire|
|Location:||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2018 13:24|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
From £30, 000 - £32,000 per annum
Our Client are one of West Yorkshires leading Specialist Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental companies, providing foundation and remediation solutions across a wide range of construction focused projects throughout the UK, and are now looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their office in Huddersfield.
As a Senior Engineer with over 5 years UK experience you would be expected to be fully competent in all Site Investigation and design work. You will be combining site work with design and analysis and moving into project management in this dynamic office environment that can offers a real people focused approach.
In return you will be an excellent communicator with good leadership, mentoring, people management and financial management skills who can confidently liaise with other project staff and clients effectively and with integrity.
At Senior level you will demonstrate experience in:
- Taking projects and running them from the early concept, investigatory, scoping and recommendation stages. Leading the Phase 1 and Phase 2 stages on both greenfield and brownfield developments, moving on to Phase 3 and 4 where required.
- Preparing detailed technical reports and further geotechnical recommendations and analysis to determine site suitability prior to the design stages.
- Remediation strategies and validation reports with the expectation to take a technical lead on slope stability analysis, retaining wall design and detailed piling. Taking project management through the investigatory, design and delivery stages.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of small-scale projects as your experience develops or working with other senior staff on larger more technically complex projects.
- Working hand in hand to help train and mentor more junior engineers, showing leadership skills that would enable you to step up to a Principal role with time.
- Collaborate with other engineers, field-based teams and lab staff throughout the business to maximise technical expertise.
- Provide innovative design solutions for slope stability, earthworks and foundations.
- Familiar with WALLAP, Oasys and other geotechnical software
- Capable of combination site work with design work and communication finding effectively to both colleagues and clients
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical focus and / or MEng / MSc in a Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- 5+ years' experience of working on geotechnical projects in the UK.
- Working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Methodical in your approach, managing your and the team's workload and deadlines
- Based in the West Yorkshire region
What's on offer
This role offers a basic salary of £30,000 - £32,000 DOE with a real opportunity to join this regional player with a first class feel and a quality focus to their workload. This will present you with a real diverse and challenging range of projects with a company that really prides itself on its people focused approach and the service and professionalism it provides all their clients.
How to Apply
To be considered for the post please feel free to call Chris Jones on 02392 288214, forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Design Engineer
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
Up to £275 per day
Up to £275 per day
EC&I Design Engineer - Nuclear (DV clearance)
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
Mechanical Engineer - FEA + CFD
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum