Senior Geotechnical Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Car and package|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2018 16:49|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
From £30, 000 - £42,000 per annum
Our Client, a leading Independent Specialist Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental consultancy operating within the UK is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their office in Exeter. As a Senior Engineer with over 3 years of experience you would be expected to be fully competent in using Eurocodes to design piles, piled walls, foundations, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations. You will be combining site work with designand analysis and project management in a dynamic office environment.
You will be an excellent communicator with good leadership, mentoring, people management and financial management skills who can confidently liaise with other project staff and clients effectively and with integrity. You will also have experience in:
- Taking projects and running them from the early concept, investigatory, scoping and recommendation stages. Leading the Phase 1 and Phase 2 stages on both greenfield and brownfield developments.
- Preparing detailed technical reports and further geotechnical recommendations and analysis to determine site suitability prior to the design stages.
- Supporting innovative tender designs.
- Taking project management through the whole investigatory, design and delivery stages.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of small-scale projects as your experience develops, or working with other senior staff on larger more technically complex projects.
- Working hand in hand to help train and mentor more junior engineer
- Competent in the use of Eurocodes to design piles, piled walls, foundations, temporary works, soil nails, etc.
- Collaborate with other engineers throughout the business to maximise technical expertise.
- Provide innovative design solutions for slope stability, earthworks and foundations.
- Familiar with WALLAP, Oasys and other geotechnical software.
- Working to Eurocode Standards.
- Capable of combination site work with design work and communication finding effectively to both colleagues and clients.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical focus and / or MEng / MSc in a Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- 3+ years' experience of working on geotechnical projects in the UK.
- Working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
What's on offer
This role offers a basic salary of £30,000 - £42,000 DOE with a fantastic benefits package with the opportunity to work some really interesting projects. This client
How to Apply
To be considered for the post please feel free to call Chris Jones on 02392 288214, forwarding your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's