|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + DOE, pension|
|Contact Name:||Ayotunde George|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2018|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
From £30,000 - £50,000 per annum
My Client, a leading Independent Specialist Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental consultancy within the UK, is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their Geotechnical consultancy office in Hannington. As a Senior Engineer working within the Industry you would be expected to be competent in using Eurocodes to design piles, piled walls, foundations, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations. You will also be expected to combine site work with design work, analysis and project management in a warm and friendly office environment. If you enjoy spending your time both on site and office based, then this is the right role for you.
You will be an excellent communicator and team player with good leadership and people management skills who can confidently liaise with other project staff and clients effectively and collaboratively. You will also have experience in;
- Phase 1 Ground Condition Assessment Reports (Contaminated land) desk studies including Tier 1 qualitative risk assessment
- Field sampling and monitoring of land gas, ground and surface waters
- Ground investigation procurement, specification, supervision and management
- Geo-environmental data assessment, analysis and reporting including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments using commercial models including CLEA and RTM;
- Liaison with in-house and external clients on a wide variety of projects
- Specification, procurement and supervision of remedial schemes
To be considered for this role, you will ideal have the following, or working towards this:
- BEng / MEng / MSc in a Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- Prior track record working successfully on projects to tight deadline in a commercial environment
- Working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- Excellent report writing skills with understanding of Contaminated Land and Groundwater Risk Assessments
- Knowledge of Geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design is advantageous
- Knowledge of soil and water chemistry laboratory methods and scheduling
- Knowledge and interest of contaminated land and remediation
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite and ideally Holebase and CLEA analysis software
- Keen to learn and expand their experience
- You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license
What's on offer
This role offers a basic salary of £30,000 - £50,000 DOE with a excellent benefits package.
Our client are a leading Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental Specialist with an impressive selection of work across an all encompassing range of sectors and as such they can offer an excellent working environment for you to expand your knowledge and excellent opportunities, helping you stepping up to a more senior role and grow within the business.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Chris Jones on 02392 288214 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.