Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer - East Grinstead
|Job Title:||Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer - East Grinstead|
|Location:||East Grinstead, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + full package offered|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2018 16:20|
Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer
From £30,000 - £50,000 per annum
My Client, an Independent Specialist Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental consultancy within the UK is looking for a Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer to join their Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental consultancy business at East Grinstead.
As a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer with around 5 years experience you would be supporting the design, procurement and management of geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigations. You will also be expected to combine site work with design work and analysis and project management in a warm and friendly office environment.
With a strong technical knowledge you will also be an excellent communicator and team player with good leadership and people management skills who can confidently liaise with other geo-environmental teams, project staff and clients effectively and collaboratively. From a technical pespective you will be able to demonstrate;
- Ground investigation experience, including scoping, set-up, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring and factual reporting. (a particular past knowledge of groundwater risk assessment report writing would prove most desirable).
- Skills and knowledge to interpret geotechnical data and/or undertake generic risk assessment would also be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
- To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Bsc / BEng (Hons) in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, or similar.
- Preferably an MSc/MEng in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering or similar.
- 6+ years' experience of working successfully on projects to tight deadline in a commercial environment
- Working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- Knowledge of geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design is advantageous
- Keen to learn and expand their experience
- You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license.
What's on offer
This role offers a basic salary of £30,000 - £50,000 DOE with a fantastic benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Chris Jones on 02392 288214 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CSA Project Engineer
£45.00 - £60.00 per hour
Configuration Control Engineer
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Configuration Control Engineer
£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Mechanical Design Lead
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£27000 - £28000.00 per annum + Benefits package