|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Engineer|
|Location:||East Grinstead, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + DOE, pension|
|Contact Name:||Ayotunde George|
|Job Published:||November 6, 2018|
Senior Environmental Engineer
Up to £30,000 - £50,000 per annum
My Client, an Independent Specialist Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental consultancy within the UK is looking for a Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer to join their Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental consultancy site at East Grinstead. As a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer with over 6 years of experience you would be supporting the design, procurement and management of geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigations. You will also be expected to combine site work with design work and analysis and project management in a warm and friendly office environment. If you enjoy spending your time more on site than in the office, then this is the right role for you.
- You will be an excellent communicator and team player with good leadership and people management skills who can confidently liaise with other geo-environmental teams, project staff and clients effectively and collaboratively. You will also have;
- Ground investigation experience, including scoping, set-up, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring and factual reporting.
- Skills and knowledge to interpret geotechnical data and/or undertake generic risk assessment would also be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
- You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills
- To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Bsc / BEng (Hons) in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, or similar
- Preferably an MSc/MEng in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering or similar.
- 6+ years' experience of working successfully on projects to tight deadline in a commercial environment
- Working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- Knowledge of geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design is advantageous
- Keen to learn and expand their experience
- You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license.
What's on offer
This role offers a basic salary of £30,000 - £50,000 DOE with a fantastic benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Ayotunde George on 02392 288280 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.