|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Bisset|
|Job Published:||August 15, 2019|
Senior Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing & Power
Circa £55K DOE + bonus + benefits + Relocation
We are recruiting for an HV Electrical Engineer to join a combined heat and power (CHP) plant in the north Hampshire. The CHP plant supplies a manufacturing site with heat and power and is a 24/7 operation. The Senior Electrical Engineer will support the CHP Plant Manager and the Engineering Manager in the planning, coordination and supervision of the electrical maintenance team to ensure maximum plant reliability and availability.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Engineering Manager the Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of electrical technicians and contractors to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to achieve maximum plant availability
- Managing supplier contracts
- Providing technical expertise to capex projects to improve the electrical infrastructure at the site
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all electrical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Utilising and updating maintenance schedules and work orders on the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Working alongside other Engineers within the department and sharing best practice methods
- Maintaining the sites HV system
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are carried out with the highest regard for health & safety.
What experience does the role require?
- Experience in the power or other heavy process industry (petrochem, refinery, paper mill, steel works etc). Candidates with an electrical marine engineering background from the Royal Navy would also be suitable - Chief Petty Officer / Warrant Officer level
- A relevant engineering qualification at HND / HNC level or equivalent level of experience
- Experience as, or the ability to gain Authorised Person progressing to Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status (high voltage)
- A relevant health and safety qualification is desirable e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH
What's in it for me?
- A basic salary up to £55,000
- A performance related bonus up to 10%
- Private medical cover
- A company pension
- Relocation cover.
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 02392 288 213 and speak with Dan Bisset
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.