Senior EC&I Engineer - CHP
|Job Title:||Senior EC&I Engineer - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019 16:31|
Senior EC&I Engineer - CHP
Competitive Salary + benefits
Astute are working with the O&M Contractor on a large CHP in Scotland. Capable of producing up to 145MW of power utilising a Gas Turbine, the site provides electrical and steam to a petrochemical plant.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical, Controls & Instrument Engineer to oversee all EC&I Engineering and Maintenance on site, ensuring maximum plant availability and reliability.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the Maintenance/Engineering Manager, as a Senior EC&I Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Hands on maintenance, scheduling, fault diagnosis, repairs, planning and optimising all EC&I maintenance activities (both short term and long term) in a safe and efficient manner including outages / shutdowns.
- Managing and implement all calibration checks, ensuring this is documented and kept up to date in line with maintenance scheduling.
- The maintenance and upkeep of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System, ensuring compliance with the Environmental Permit.
- Updating the sites CMMS, ensuring all work is accurately recorded, spares are purchased, and inventory is available for use as and when required.
- Involvement in plant improvement and optimisation programmes.
- Managing the EC&I annual budget, liaising with other departments to work on the overall site budget.
- Supervision, training and development of staff on site.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum degree qualified in a relevant EC&I Engineering field
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of equipment including Gas Turbines, Switchgear, HV equipment, DCS/PLC/Control Systems, Instrumentation (maintenance and calibration) which includes; Flow, Level, Pressure etc
- IOSH or NEBOSH in Health & Safety
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in an industry such as Power Generation, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas etc.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a large Gas Turbine CHP Power Station
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Design Engineer - CHP / HVAC Systems
£28000 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
Engineering Manager - CHP
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Business Development Manager - CHP
North West England, England
Company Car + Bonus
Up to £450 per day
£14 - £15 per hour + Dependant on Limited or Umbrella