Senior Civil Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Civil Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Samir Belazka|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2016 17:00|
Senior Civil Design Engineer- Wastewater
We are recruiting for a highly motivated Civil Design Engineer to work on wastewater design schemes and outputs. As a Lead Designer you will undertake and check the delivery of design solutions and associated outputs.
Your duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation of proposal documents including any post tender negotiations.
- Lead designer with significant mechanical design input.
- To provide technical support and mentoring of junior staff.
- Assist the Project Manager as required in clarifying the project brief, agree deliverables and quality assurance.
- Review and validate design inputs; submit RFI requests.
- Produce design deliverables including sketches, drawings, reports and calculations.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Attend internal project review meetings.
- Recommend improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions.
- Document and communicate design change to the Project Manager.
What you will need for this role:
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering.
- To have/be working towards chartered status.
- Familiarity with UK legislation and standard practices affecting all aspects of water industry.
- Experience in the mechanical design of UK water industry assets for clean and wastewater.
- Have appropriate experience in design and specification, contract and tender preparation and commissioning.
- Knowledge and experience in the role of designer under CDM regulations.
- Ability to work with others and forma strong positive working relationship.
To apply for this fantastic role please send an up to date cv to email@example.com or call 02392 221 600 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's